That’s a Wrap

Somewhere during the summer, I started keeping note of good things about 2014. I'm pretty sure there were more than four good things about 2014 but as with most things I start, I forget about them, give up, or get distracted by more pressing issues.

The list:

In other words, old things.
Creepily non-sweltering summer weather that's 70s and breezy in mid-August? Not just fewer opportunities to sweat but the lowest a/c bill in ages.
Laksa delivered to my door (briefly)

Martin means seeing the movie Martin, the best-ever pseudo-vampire movie, and the actor who played Martin speak about his role. I'm not the type who goes to readings or to Q&As or to hear anyone speak about their craft. This changed my mind. Martin 4 eva!

I hate '90s nostalgia. But really I just hate nostalgia for mainstream '90s. Seeing a band I hadn't thought about much since the '90s play for the first time since the '90s was awesome.

Self-explanatory. This wasn't a very hot summer, and I hate hot weather. It's currently 31 degrees and I have many windows open.

I was excited when Pasar Malam opened in Williamsburg because it's not exactly a Malaysian enclave. Now, of course, I have Malaysian, Thai, Chinese, Nepalese, Tibetan, Bangladeshi and Indian all within walking distance, so that's even more good? Non-good (sorry): I would kill for decent pizza and any Middle Eastern food at all. It wouldn't hurt to have one New American/gastropubby option of the overplayed pork belly and overpriced burger ilk that are ubiquitous and boring in Brooklyn, but I will completely survive without one.

That's it!

Well, I added this the other night:

That The Comeback came back with a happy ending and it didn't annoy me.

True enough.

Clearly, the biggest thing I did all year that I would lump into the "good" category was buying an apartment. I also started watching Twin Peaks for the first time (I know, right?) this month and I think it might be changing my life.

In 2014, there was nothing especially good relationship-wise, career-wise or creative pursuits-wise, which is like 85% of my existence (I have no idea what makes up the remaining 15%–perhaps TV-watching?) and therefore very disheartening. It's what it is.

On to 2015.

One thought on “That’s a Wrap

  1. I just want to tell you that I’m all new to blogging and site-building and actually liked your web blog. Very likely I’m want to bookmark your website . You surely have remarkable articles and reviews. Bless you for revealing your website page.

Leave a Reply